Senior Release Engineer (AWS, Windows, Linux)
December 28, 2022
Reporting to the Engineering Software Release Manager, the Senior Release Engineer (AWS, Windows, Linux) is responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient, predictable, and repeatable creation, updating and recycling of our AWS infrastructure in service of our home health, medical application. The Senior Release Engineer will concentrate efforts on automating and orchestrating infrastructure changes in AWS, and in streamlining our network topography and approach.
Job Type: Full-Time Employee/Contract To Hire
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and further architect our AWS Windows and Linux infrastructure including: EC2, Application and Network load balancers, VPC’s, Route53, Active Directory and more
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Clearly and regularly communicate with development team, QA, technical directors, and product owners
- Communicate infrastructure release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Organize, negotiate, plan, and manage all infrastructure release activities
- Work with application release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Provides technical guidance and support to other team members as needed
- Research new infrastructure and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to current infrastructure needs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong experience with Windows and Linux infrastructure release management in Amazon AWS
- Exposure to Amazon AWS managed cloud services: MSK, EKS, RDS, S3 and more
- Experience managing, maintaining, monitoring and optimizing production environments
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments strategies and technologies
- Experience in handling PHI and compliance a plus
- An energetic approach and leadership by example
- A bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with CI/CD and release management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
About Complia Health
Complia Health is a leading provider of Electronic Medical Records solutions, technology and services for home care, home health and hospice agencies. Our mission is to make healthcare better for our parents, family members and friends and our software does just that.
Our engineers solve complex technical problems focused on how to deliver world class healthcare experiences in the home for our aging population. We are pushing boundaries in the field with respect to functionality, interoperability, performance, reliability, and scalability; fully embracing event-based cloud architectures to build our next-generation platform.
Thank you for your interest in Complia Health! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Complia Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.